The Overdeck Family Foundation team is composed of a diverse group of individuals who share a passion for improving the future of education in the U.S. We are teachers, parents, policy makers, academics, and data analysts who are driven by the desire to find and scale evidence-based and innovative ideas that will improve children’s lives for generations to come.
The foundation offers competitive core benefits, including fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401(k) match, generous vacation time, unlimited sick days, and employer-paid life and disability insurance. Additional perks include work from home Fridays, on-site gyms with laundry service, wellness classes, snacks, and a casual dress code in our beautiful office in SoHo.
All Overdeck Family Foundation employees are employees of Two Sigma.
Program Officer, Innovative Schools
The Innovative Schools portfolio within the Foundation focuses on ensuring that every child has access to an education that is engaging and challenging, while meeting their both academic andsocioemotional needs.
Reporting to the Program Director and managing one tenured Associate Program Officer, the Program Officer will refine and clarify the investment strategy for the portfolio, build and nurture relationships across the portfolio ecosystem, and use a scientific method approach to hypothesize and sharpen support of early stage and growth stage ventures to help them to succeed.
What You’ll Do:
- Define a clear and differentiated position for Overdeck Family Foundation within the innovative schools space that is grounded in evidence, research, and efficiency of investment
- Successfully identify and invest in early stage and growth stage organizations that are aligned with an evidence-based investment strategy
- Build a strong working relationship with the existing Associate Program Officer to establish yourself as a strong manager and mentor while honoring the tenure, knowledge, and expertise she brings to our work
- Build relationships across the foundation, with our existing grantees, our trustees, and other key external stakeholders
- Build strategies and relationships to pursue funding leverage from the public and private sector for your grantees
The Foundation is seeking a full-time Business Analyst to support the Program Director as he clarifies the Foundation’s programmatic vision and manages the investment teams to strategically source and invest in early and growth stage organizations that are expanding educational opportunities for children across the United States. The Business Analyst will join the Foundation as we are growing our annual funding output and seeking to evolve our supports to more effectively meet our grantees’ needs and goals, which focus on supporting innovation, evidence building, and growth.
The core problems this person will solve include supporting the Program Director to maximize his effectiveness, designing and implementing a clear vision for data congruency on the program team, and hypothesizing and building out the most effective and efficient non-monetary supports for our grantees.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the Program Director to manage multiple portfolio investment teams within a vision for strong investment decision making and efficient grantee support
- Support the Program Director and the program team as the Foundation takes a more active role in assisting our grantees with core business problems and additional needs through non-monetary support
- In partnership with our internal SIL team (strategic impact and learning), envision, design, and execute on systems and structures that result in data transparency around all key program activities and metrics
- Build relationships with Overdeck Family Foundation staff and represent the Foundation to external audiences as needed
For more information and details on how to apply, please click here.
Overdeck Family Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.