The Overdeck Family Foundation team is composed of a diverse group of individuals who share a passion for improving the future of education in the U.S. We are teachers, parents, policy makers, academics, and data analysts who are driven by the desire to find and scale evidence-based and innovative ideas that will improve children’s lives for generations to come.
The foundation offers competitive core benefits, including fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401(k) match, generous vacation time, unlimited sick days, and employer-paid life and disability insurance. Additional perks include work from home Fridays, on-site gyms with laundry service, wellness classes, snacks, and a casual dress code in our beautiful office in SoHo.
All Overdeck Family Foundation employees are employees of Two Sigma.
Reporting to the Vice President, the Program Director will be a key leader at the Foundation, instrumental in guiding the program team to increase the Foundation’s return on investment and influence. This is a new leadership position designed for a talented, growth-oriented individual with a highly analytical, quantitative, and strategic mindset. The Program Director will bring strong critical thinking and team management skills to advance the Foundation’s work and foster the growth of the program team. Leading towards direct impact and influence to achieve the Foundation’s mission and vision, the Program Director will oversee the program staff and each of the Foundation’s portfolios, managing teams and individuals to success while helping to see connections and increase learning across the portfolios and organization. In addition to internal leadership, the Program Director will have the opportunity to lead in representing the Foundation externally, creating partnerships, and keeping abreast of research, trends, and the education landscape to ensure that the Foundation is a leader in its work. As the Foundation grows its grantmaking and its impact, the Program Director will be a significant leader guiding the strategy and team toward investments that improve education for all children.
For more information on this role, click here.
Program Analyst, Inspired Minds
The Inspired Minds portfolio within the Foundation focuses on building STEM skills and mindsets outside of school by supporting high quality out-of-school and family engagement STEM programs, so that more students enter high school prepared for success.
We are seeking a full-time Program Analyst to join the Inspired Minds portfolio. Reporting to the Associate Program Officer, the Analyst will support the portfolio’s impact and influence goals, aligned with Foundation goals. This includes building and maintaining an evidence research base, supporting grantee data collection and analysis, efficiently managing the grantmaking workflow, building relationships with STEM education providers and stakeholders, and sharing key insights from grantmaking with peer funders to build awareness and buy-in for the Inspired Minds strategy.
For more information on this role, click here.
Expansion Project Manager
The Overdeck Family Foundation is seeking a Project Manager to support the expansion of a partner Museum, anticipated to take place from 2020 to 2023. The project manager will report to the Foundation’s Associate Program Officer, Inspired Minds and work under the direction of the Executive Director as an integral part of the Museum, developing a comprehensive project plan to accomplish the goals of the expansion.
This role is structured as a full-time externship position with Overdeck Family Foundation, exclusively supporting the expansion of this Museum grantee. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The ideal candidate comes with at least 5 to 7 years of project management experience, ideally including NYC-based construction and facilities. Excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment are essential.
The Expansion Project Manager will:
- Collaborate with key members of senior management to support organizational KPIs
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting systems related to the expansion to assist in strategic decision-making
- Coordinate with the owners’ representative, architects, and legal counsel to support management and Board goals with respect to the expanded physical Museum
- Coordinate with senior management and with content and technology experts to facilitate implementation of the Museum’s digital strategy
- Monitor key performance metrics related to project-based grant initiatives, periodically reporting to senior management to facilitate timely grant reports
- Construct tools or dashboards to ensure efficiency and adherence to project timelines and budgets
- Provide monthly reports to senior management and quarterly reports for use in Board meetings
- Support coordination among design, program, fundraising, technology, education, and facilities managers
- Coordinate procurement of contracts for needed services in support of the expansion, such as security, food service, insurance, etc.
Click here for more information on the position and to apply.
Program Analyst, Early Impact
Overdeck Family Foundation is seeking a full-time Program Analyst for the Early Impact (EI) portfolio, which focuses on supporting and empowering families, caregivers, and communities to apply evidence-based practices that provide young children a strong foundation for early learning and development.
Reporting to the Senior Program Officer, the Analyst will support the portfolio’s and Foundation’s goals. This includes sourcing new grantees, maintaining and improving a research base and impact model, supporting grantee data collection and analysis, efficiently managing the grantmaking workflow, and building stakeholder relationships. The ideal candidate will have 3-5+ years of relevant work experience in education or early childhood and (ideally) exposure to both non-profit social enterprises and for-profit ventures.
The Program Analyst will:
- Find and fund impactful, scalable organizations that support early learning and development
- Use critical thinking and analytical skills to examine organizations’ impact and scale potential to determine alignment for our funding
- Concisely and clearly write and present grant recommendations to the board
- Support grantees to achieve grant outcomes aligned with our mutual goals
- Analyze and visualize data to drive internal decision-making, inform grant recommendations, and share with our partners
- Maintain an up-to-date, complete database of all current and potential grantees to support analysis, learning, decision-making and reporting
- Absorb and apply research, trends, and changes in the national early childhood, education, and philanthropy landscapes
- Efficiently manage the logistics of the portfolio, including grantmaking, grantee support, and events
- Support Senior Program Officer and Associate Program Officer with grantee check-ins, events, and meetings
Click here for more information on the position and qualifications. Interested candidates should apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Overdeck Early Impact Program Analyst” in the subject line. RCG Talent Solutions will review all applicants and, upon qualification, contact you to determine next steps.
Overdeck Family Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.