How we fund
The Overdeck Family Foundation does not accept unsolicited grant proposals. To request a meeting with a program officer or learn more about our funding criteria, please send an email to info[at]overdeck.org.
We fund organizations based on the following criteria across all of our program areas:
- Mission Alignment and Unmet Need: Organization’s work and services align to the Overdeck Family Foundation’s mission. Based on context, timing, and landscape, the opportunity addresses an area of market failure or inefficiency.
- Outcomes – Record of Achievement and Impact: We aim to fund high-quality programs that have a strong record of results over time, are able to present counterfactuals that prove significant benefit for participants, and offer a distinct competitive advantage. We do take calculated risks when seeding or backing new ideas that may not have as established an evidence base.
- Reach and Potential to Scale: We look for solutions that have significant reach and are poised to have increasing impact through evidence of scalability (e.g., program cost effectiveness, partnerships, etc.).
- Organizational Capacity – Strength of Leadership and Management Team: We believe that the leadership of an organization can have a profound impact on success. To this end, we fund organizations led by a strong leadership team with a track record of success across programmatic and operational areas.
- Financial Strength and Sustainability: We look for evidence and history of a strong financial position, skilled fiscal management, a diverse funder base, and a deliberate path to long-term sustainability.
Overdeck Family Foundation does not pay more than 10% of administrative costs.